A dual voltage controlled filter (inspired upon a classic OTA design) with an innovative modulation matrix and one of the highest function-to-hp ratios in the land of Eurorack. This module was inspired by many pleasant chats with tech journalist Steve O’Hear and is currently being prepared for release. Have a look below at the pictures, demos, specifications and block schematic!
Notice : the final unit will have all black knobs!
The following audio demos are courtesy of Mr. Steve O’Hear!
- General features
- Dual VCF inspired by the Korg MS-20 OTA filter
- Low-pass (12dB) into high-pass (6dB) configuration
- Innovative modulation matrix allows CV control over all parameters
- Cut-off frequencies can be linked, resulting in a band pass filter with controlable bandwidth
- Bipolar monitoring LEDS for the LP, HP, resonance and gain CV signals
- One of the best functionality-to-size ratios in Eurorack with a width of 4 HP and a depth of 45 mm
- Filter input
- Filter output
- Frequency CV input (FCV)
- Auxiliary CV input (ACV)
- LP cut-off frequency (“frequency”)
- HP cut-off frequency / BP bandwidth (“spread”)
- Resonance : from mild to screamy
- Gain : from warm to asymmetrical saturation
- LP Frequency CV (FCV) attenuator
- Auxiliary CV (ACV) attenuator
- LP-HP link switch : 0%, 50% or 100%
- Modulation Matrix switches, routing ACV to HP cut-off / spread, Gain and resonance : +ACV, off, or -ACV (inverted)
- Calibration trimmers for the HP and LP filter are available from the side of the module.
- Designed to work with unipolar +5V or bipolar +-5V modulation sources
- Will also take unipolar and bipolar 8 and 10V modulation signals, but this results in a smaller usable range on the ACV and FCV attenuators
- Low frequency and audio rate modulation of all parameters
- Bipolar monitoring LEDs (green: positive, red: negative) for all CV destinations (LP cut-off, HP cut-off / spread, resonance, gain)
- 4 HP wide
- 45 mm deep (skiff friendly)
- High quality aluminum knobs with grippy surface
- 2 mm thick matte black front panel with white and metallic print
- A tasty 4-layer PCB sandwich, containing 350+ components
- Recessed power connector, avoids your power cable from adding to the module depth
- Reverse power protection
- Buffered high impedance inputs
- Output is protected by a 1K output resistor
- Power consumption
- +12V : 100mA max
- -12V : 100mA max
Want to be kept in the loop?
Subscribe to my mailing list and I’ll keep you posted about the development of this module and when it becomes available.