- General terms and conditions
- Return policy / Right of withdrawal
- Intellectual property
- For everything else…
General terms and conditions
Threetom BV (Threetom Modular Synthesizers)
- These conditions apply whenever you buy something from Threetom Modular Synthesizers, may that be goods or services
- When you place an order, you explicitly agree with these terms and conditions
- All prices in the shop are shown excl. of VAT.
- Prices do not include shipping costs.
- Each product’s page describes what you’ll be receiving when you order it
- Prices may be subject to human error. I reserve the right to cancel an order from my side if such an error is detected.
About DIY products
- DIY kits include everything to build your own functional module
- It’s always possible I have forgot to add a component to a kit, if that’s the case, let me know and I’ll rectify that (at my expense).
- By buying a DIY product you explicitly state that you possess the required skills and equipment to complete the build.
- Before buying PCB’s, it is your responsibility to check if you are able to source all the required components.
- I can not take any responsiblity for shipping delays caused by the selected courier service.
- You are responsible for any customs duties incurred by your order
- Customs declarations are generated automatically, I can not change them to show a lower value.
- When you order a module, it takes up to six weeks to build it, calibrate it and test it. I will keep you informed throughout the whole proces over e-mail. If any delay occurs, I will inform you.
- If everything is in stock, it can take up to a week before your order ships.
- If your order contains backordered items, I will prepare your parcel as soon as everything is in stock. Please contact me beforehand to get an estimate for lead times of backordered items.
- Force majeure includes any situation outside of our will and control which prevents us from fulfilling our obligations. This includes fire, malfunctions, power failures, network failures, the unavailability of our website at any time, non-timely delivery by suppliers or other third parties, a zombie apocalypse, massive viral pandemic, nuclear war, …
- In case of force majeure, we’ll let you know as soon as possible and as soon as the situation is resolved we will ship your order.
- Items/orders may be cancelled before a shipping label has been created.
- An order can also be cancelled after the shipping label has been created if your parcel has not yet shipped. In this case a cancellation fee equal to the shipping fee will be deducted from the amount reimbursed to the customer.
- Items in the following categories can not be cancelled:
- Assembled modules
- Backordered/preordered items
- From my side I reserve the right to cancel any order for any reason.
- Strictly speaking, any DIY product comes without any support as it is very impractical to debug your build over e-mail.
- That being said, you may still e-mail me with if you encounter a problem with your build, it may just be an issue that I happen to know about.
- If you purchased a DIY kit and you were unsuccessful in getting it to work, we can work something out where you ship it back to me and I will try to fix that for you (at a cost).
- For any question regarding the operation of a module, please send me an e-mail.
- For modules there’s a warranty of 2 years on fabrication errors. If a module fails within the guarantee period please contact me over e-mail.
- Please do not send back any modules before contacting me!
- Warranty issues will be repaired free of charge. The customer will be responsible for any shipping charges back and forth.
- If upon investigation it turns out that an issue was caused by anything other than a construction error the customer will be charged with repair costs (20 EUR/hr).
- Any DIY products such as DIY kits, panels and PCB’s comes with a limited warranty of 14 days for fabrication errors. Please inspect your delivery as soon as it arrives .
- Any DIY product such as DIY kits, panels and PCB’s comes without any guarantee of success.
Complaints and disputes
- For complaints and disputes please contact me over e-mail so we can sort things out
- If any dispute should result in a lawsuit, the customer agrees that it will be handled by the trade court of Antwerp, Mechelen branch (“Ondernemingsrechtbank Antwerpen – afdeling Mechelen”).
Return policy / Right of withdrawal
EU e-commerce law dictates that a customer may withdraw from a purchase within 14 days of receiving the goods.
- Modules, PCBs, panels and accessories, may be returned if they’re in pristine condition.
- DIY kits may be returned if the kit is unopened. Kits that have been opened will not be accepted as returns.
- Should you like to return/withdraw (part of) an order, please get in touch over e-mail within 14 days of receiving your parcel (refer to tracking information) and provide the following information:
- The list of items you would like to return
- Pictures of the items, allowing me to judge their condition
- If all items looks good I will then authorize the return and provide you with a return shipping address.
- As a customer you’re expected to ship the items back to me by means of a tracked shipment by a carrier of your choice. You need to provide me with the tracking number of said shipment.
- The customer is responsible for the cost of the return shipment. Furthermore, the customer is responsible for the parcel until I sign for it (i.e. if the parcel gets lost in shipping, that is not my responsability).
- Please note that I will not accept any return shipments that have not been authorized upfront.
- For any return, a restocking fee will be deducted from the amount to be reimbursed. The restocking fee will be equal to the shipping fee of the original order.
- For customers outside of the EU: Any import costs associated with a return shipment will be deducted from the amount reimbursed. If your shipment is properly declared as “Returned goods”, this amounts to 32 EUR.
- Returned products will be inspected to verify the state they’re in. For any returned product whose state is found to be less than “as new”, I may deduct a sum from the amount to be reimbursed that reflects the wear/damage to the returned product(s).
After deduction of the restocking fee and wear/damages to returned products, I will reimburse you through your original method of payment.
A final thought on returns
For a small shop like mine, it is difficult to offer a return policy such as offered by the big stores. For that reason, please consider your purchases well. If you still end up wanting to return (part of) an order, I’d like to point out that offering these items to your local second hand market might be financially more interesting than processing a return through me (and perhaps also better for our planet as less shipping may be involved).
- Customer data obtained through orders is used for the following purposes
- Shipping your order to you
- Contacting you about your order
- Personal data obtained through my mailing list form is used only for the purpose of sending you news and updates about Threetom Modular Synthesizers. Every mail sent through the mailing list contains details on how to unsubscribe.
- I store data in the following places:
- The webserver hosting this website
- The mailing list account provided by Mailchimp
- My Sendcloud account (for shipping purposes)
- My Gmail inbox
- Here’s an overview of the privacy policies of the 3rd party services I use to process your data :
- Other than the 3rd party services above, the only person processing your data is me (Tom Verschooten) and it will never be handed to or sold to any other 3rd party outside of the list above.
- Your rights concerning your data:
- You may request an overview of your data on file
- You may at any time request corrections to be made to your data
- You may request data not required to fulfill orders to be removed
- You may request your data to be transferred to a third party
- All the contents of this website (text, images, video, audio, files) is covered by copyright laws and can not be copied, reproduced or otherwise distributed without my explicit consent.
- This copyright also explicitly extends to schematics. You may use them to build your own modules and perform repairs.
- By purchasing a product, explicitly agree to not make any (partial) commercial copies.
For everything else…
… I’d like to quote Ladik : ” I’m fair, be fair too.”